Attorney / Managing Partner
Settlement of Disputes / Company Law / Criminal Law / Transport Law / Administrative Law
Irmantas is an attorney and partner at RIDD Vilnius. He has practiced law since 1999. He worked for six years at the National Audit Office, later joined one of the major law firms in Lithuania. Among other things, he carried out assessments of the effectiveness of the management reform of the Police Department and of the infrastructure development and human resource management of the State Border Guard Service in accordance with the requirements of the Schengen Agreement. A systemic and analytical approach developed during his career at the National Audit Office forms the basis for his effective and efficient attorney’s practice.
The main practice area of Irmantas is representation in litigation. Among many examples of his successful practice, mention could be made of the largest-ever judicial dispute of shareholders in Lithuania where almost 100 civil, administrative and criminal cases were dealt with. He helped resolve legal disputes regarding the development of real estate projects, detailed planning procedures, the issuance of construction permits. In addition, he has an extensive experience of representation in litigation among shareholders and in negotiations for peaceful settlement.
Irmantas has been a lecturer at Mykolas Romeris University for 9 years. He lectured on general and special civil law, implementation of public property law, transport law.
- Legal services for establishment in the Republic of Lithuania leading to the incorporation of legal entity with the operational goals to invest in high-tech technologies to create 1: 20 prototype car models, make arrangements for their manufacturing and international trade.
- Legal services on the employment of persons from third countries in the Republic of Lithuania (including arrival, stay and residence issues) – arrangements related to residence and work permits in the Republic of Lithuania, revocation of decisions of the Migration Department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania, representation at Vilnius Regional Administrative Court.
- Leading the project to draft a conclusion on the conditions for employment of foreigners in the Republic of Lithuania and on the opportunity to operate as temporary work agencies.
- Legal consultations on the potential grounds of dismissal of an employee on an unpaid leave from the company.
- Legal services relating to substitution / replacement of the company’s single-member management body when the director was on maternity leave.
- Leading the project to resolve the shareholders’ dispute and dealing with the issue of proper performance of obligations by a shareholder who was at the same time a single-member management body from the point of view of labor law.
- Leading the project to resolve the shareholders’ dispute and dealing with violations of the shareholder’s obligations – launching of similar activities abroad, soliciting employees, efforts to get confidential information by the shareholder related by employment relations with the company.